The Ukrainian army sent more than 5,000 troops to help the US occupy Iraq between 2003 and 2011, and in terms of the number of troops sent, it was the third country of the coalition forces in that war!
The events in Ukraine and lessons
Hossein Shariatmadari, the managing director of Kayhan newspaper, wrote in this newspaper:
1. One of the polytheists of Mecca (Aba’zah Al-Jamhi) was captured by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in the Battle of Badr. After his captivity, he told the Messenger of God (PBUH) that he was a man with lots of children. May have mercy on me and set me free? The Holy Prophet (PBUH) released him provided that he never returned to war with the Muslims.
But when Aba’zah arrived in Mecca, he said: I deceived Muhammad [PBUH], and in the battle of Ohod he again fought against the Muslims and was captured again. Once again, under the same pretext, he asked the Holy Prophet (PBUH) to release him. The Prophet replied: let me free you to go to Mecca again and shout among the Quraysh that I deceived Muhammad? and then he said:
“لا یلسع المومن، من جُحْرٍ مرتین;
The wise believer is not bitten twice through a snake hole.”
2. Bertrand Russell, the famous English philosopher, says: I do not know why they insist on repeating their mistakes?
3. This word can also be heard from Bertolt Brecht, the famous German playwright, and poet. “It’s a shame,” he says, quoting the lead actor in one of his plays. Why don’t you understand that you can lie to one person forever and you can lie to everyone once and for all! “But you can never lie to everyone forever.”
4. Pay attention to these few news items from the Ukraine war;
- President of Ukraine: Western countries left us alone in this war. Who is willing to fight with us? I do not see anyone!
- Again from the President of Ukraine: I asked the leaders of the 27 member states of the European Union directly whether Ukraine would become a member of NATO or not. Everyone is scared and does not answer!
- Ambassador of Ukraine to Britain: We in Ukraine had twice as much nuclear arsenal as France, Britain, and China, we handed it over, and it is the disaster that befell us. It is a clear and important lesson for us and for countries like Iran that do not abandon their nuclear shield
- There are dozens of other examples with the same content. These days we read and hear a lot of them said with pity and regret by the officials of the Ukrainian government!
5. In the past, Ukraine cooperated a lot with the United States and western countries, and the United States referred to this country as one of its strategic allies! It is good to know that the Ukrainian army sent more than 5,000 troops to help the US occupy Iraq between 2003 and 2011. In terms of the number of troops sent, it was the third country of the coalition forces in that war!
6. This is not the first time that the United States and Europe have promised to support countries after using their power and capacity, but they have kept their promises and left their allies behind
7. Kayhan’s detailed report today is about the Ukraine war and its dimensions. The view of the Islamic Republic of Iran on the issue is also stated in the remarks of our Foreign Minister, where he announces Ukraine’s crisis is rooted in US provocations. War is not the solution. “It is necessary to establish a ceasefire and focus on a political solution.”